[Devel] Font transforms and autohinter...

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] Font transforms and autohinter...
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:33:26 -0500 (EST)

I have a concern here.  The function ah_hinter_load (as I have recently patched
it) calculates the inverse of the font transformation matrix.  This is not good,
because it makes the assumptiont hat the matrix is invertible.  For instance, it
is possible to have a Type 1 FontMatrix that looks like

    [.001 .001 .001 .001 0 0].

The matrix used by FT for font transforms then becomes

    [.001 .001 .001 .001].

This is not an invertible matrix!

What say you, esteemed members of the FT devel list?

Tom