[Devel] metric information

From: Nishanta Abeysinghe
Subject: [Devel] metric information
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 10:57:46 -0800

Could some one help me with the following issues ..

1. Is there an API or some way of determining the metric extents ( mainly ascent and descent ) information
given a font face. I have been able to find only the API (Get_TextMetric) which is for a single glyph. If there isn't one, could someone tell me how to get access to the font table so that I can enumerate through the glyphs to calculate the extents myself.

2. How do I get access to the vertical kerning  information. Even after setting FT_LOAD_VERTICAL_LAYOUT flag the vertadvance field in the text metrics remains constant regardless of glyph.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks.