[Devel] Distiller produced PFA problems

From: Blinn, Eric W
Subject: [Devel] Distiller produced PFA problems
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:06:07 -0600

Hi,

I'm trying to work with some ASCII Type 1 fonts (.pfa) produced by Adobe
Distiller.  In every case I've tried so far, FreeType has been unable to
load the font. I've tried version 2.0.1 and also the current snapshot, with
no luck.

The error coming out of FT_New_Face() is FT_Err_Invalid_File_Format.
Stepping down into the driver code I find that error is really propagating
up from T1_Open_Face() where we find no subrs array in the face.

I'm just getting started investigating this, but thought I'd see if anybody
else has knows anything about it.

Thanks,
Eric Blinn