[Devel] query about GSUB

From: Yogesh Padmakar Ketkar
Subject: [Devel] query about GSUB
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:09:39 -0500 (GMT)

Hello,
        We are using Extension engine of free-type for almost
a year or so.
        in the file ftxgsub.c
in function

EXPORT_FUNC
TT_Error  TT_GSUB_Add_String( TTO_GSUB_String*  in,
                                UShort            num_in,
                                TTO_GSUB_String*  out,
                                UShort            num_out,
                                UShort*           glyph_data,
                                UShort            component,
                                UShort            ligID )

there is a line which says

ULong size = out->pos + num_out + 256L;

I do not know why  *256* is added to the size, it is causing
big memory leak, so i changed it to

ULong size = out->pos + num_out;
and still the things work, i just wanted to know if i
am missing out on something important or it is really
a bug.

Thanks.
Regards
- Yogesh