[Devel] Re: Handling broken Type1 full name fields

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] Re: Handling broken Type1 full name fields
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:36:35 -0500 (EST)

One of the things that is on my list of things to do is to get meaningful style
names from the /FontName entry.  Why?  Not all fonts have a FontInfo dictionary,
and if the /FontName is built using Adobe's recommendations, one can get the
family name + stylistic variation from the FontName.

For Instance, "/FontName AGaramond-Regular def" yields the font name of
AGaramon, plus the variant Regular...

And so on and so forth...

Of course, if there is a FontInfo dictionary, we could use that, and fall back
to /FontName parsing otherwise.

Just beware that not all fonts have FontInfo dictionaries...

Tom