Re: [Devel] python binding for freetype2?

From: Toby J Sargeant
Subject: Re: [Devel] python binding for freetype2?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:50:55 +1100

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 05:32:32PM +0800, ha shao wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 08:14:45PM +1100, address@hidden wrote:
> > I must say at the outset that the python bindings I've written are far from
> > polished. At some stage I intend to wrap the low level freetype interface
> > with high level python objects in order to make working with freetype
> > easier.
> >

> I just downloaded the cvs and tried to build it. There are some undefined ft_
> symbols. It looks like the freetype2 API has changed since the binding's
> last update. I commented out the offending lines in  ft2_interface.cpp, and
> it builds through. the decompose.py runs ok. But other test programs
> (encode.py, ftstring.py, test.py) won't run smoothly.

Can you please email me the errors you get when you build? I'm pretty sure
that nothing's changed that radically, and it certainly built just fine with
freetype releases around 2.0beta8 - 2.0

> Python complained for some drawing functions which are in
> pil_bitmap_draw.cpp. But pil_bitmap_draw.cpp was not built by default.
> When I added pil_bitmap_draw.cpp to Setup.in.in, the compilation is
> failed.

PIL support will be built if the file Imaging.h from the PIL distribution can
be #included. This is because the code needs to get at the internal
representation of a PIL bitmap.

Toby.