[Devel] round, ceil, and floor functions for 16.16 fixed values

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] round, ceil, and floor functions for 16.16 fixed values
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:34:37 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

Due to the fact that I want to round 16.16 values gleaned from font BBoxes, I
decided to implement a fixed number rounding function in ftcalc.c (prototyped
[exported] and documented in freetype.h).

For those machines that support 32 bit signed ints, this is not a problem.

For those machines whose largest integer is 16 bits wide, this is a problem.

I took a look at how things are down in ftcalc.c when the largest integer is 16
bits wide, but I am at a loss.

Help!  This alos applies to implementing a ceiling and floor function for 16.16
fixed values.

Thanks,

Tom