Re: [Devel] Questions about Jam

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: Re: [Devel] Questions about Jam
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 01:43:42 -0500

Tom Kacvinsky wrote:

> I can think of a couple of people who lead other open source type projects who
> will be dismayed that FT is going to move torwards Jam for the build process.

indeed.

> Will autoconf/libtool still be supported for UN*X like platforms?
>
> Possibly jumping the gun here, but ...

well, as long as the outside world doesn't need to care everything is fine.
Projects that depend on freetype should still be able to configure their stuff
the same way, i.e. freetype should continue to provide the freetype-config
script.

Regards,        Stefan

PS: I'm still puzzled why you chose to sacrifice the easy freetype2/freetype.h
    solution for just because you want to be consistent with an exotic
    environment such as DOS.