Re: [Devel] bitmap word/dword alignment

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] bitmap word/dword alignment
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:03:42 +0200

Hello Mike,

Mike Owens a écrit :

> Is it possible to align the bitmaps from the truetype driver on a word/dword
> boundary? If so, where would I attempt to do this in the code.?
> Thanks

It's not possible in the general case, because some of the bitmaps can
simply be embedded in the font file, and these will not be word/dword
aligned.

It's possible to render scalable TrueType outlines to word/dword buffers
though. Check that the glyph image is scalable with:something like:

    FT_Load_Glyph( face, gindex, FT_LOAD_DEFAULT );
    if ( face->glyph->format == ft_glyph_format_outline )
    {
      // this is a scalable outline..

    }

now, you should be able to render the outline by allocating a bitmap
with approprate dimensions and padding then calling

    FT_Outline_Render( library, &face->glyph->outline, .. )

with appropriate values.

This is not necessarily trivial, and I do _not_ recommend you to do
that anyway..

Regards,

- David