[Devel] Pure CFF fonts embedded in PDF Files

From: Ken Carpenter
Subject: [Devel] Pure CFF fonts embedded in PDF Files
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:52:47 -0700

I am trying to render pure CFF fonts that are embedded
within PDF files.  I have been able to get other font
types working, but there is a problem with pure CFF fonts.

Basically, the FT_Get_Char_Index() method does not work
for pure CFF fonts.  It always returns zero because there
is no character map setup.  This means that I currently
have no way of mapping from a character code to a glyph
index.  Note that the method does work for OpenType CFF
fonts.  It's just the pure CFF that are a problem.

I see from the list archives that others have used FT
for PDF rendering before.  If you have any suggestions
on the best way to obtain the correct mapping, or if
you have modified versions of the CFF code, I would be
most grateful.

Thank you,

Ken Carpenter
Helikon Technologies Inc.