Re: [Devel] Anyone there?

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Anyone there?
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 16:14:16 +0200

Hello Mike,

> Sorry for this post but I haven't seen any postings for several days and I
> have posted a question a couple of times. Can someone respond to this if it's
> received?
> Thanks

Sorry, but I have not always the time to answer FreeType-related emails
immediately..

Anyway, I was surprised by your bug report, because I couldn't see it
myself with the rotated text of "ftstring". However, after careful
examination, it seems that this demo program doesn't use transformed
glyph loading (instead, it later transform the glyphs on each redraw)

I have spotted the bug that caused the transformed to be applied twiced
by the auto-hinter, and just commited it in the CVS. Please have a look

this bug is sufficiently important to need a new test/demo program
as well as a 2.0.4 release, which I'm currently preparing..

Now, I'll look at this infamous "incorrect linear advance width of
composite" bug !!

Cheers,

- David