Re: [Devel] BUG: shlib search paths on ELF format.

From: mer
Subject: Re: [Devel] BUG: shlib search paths on ELF format.
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 00:49:44 +0900 (JST)

Hello,

From: Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 10:30:55 +0200 (CEST)

> This is a known problem.  The real solution would be to add
> `configure' support, but I don't have time to do that.  Volunteers?
>
> The other solution (as documented in graph/x11/rules.mk) is to use
> X11_PATH:
>
>   # We try to detect the following directories (in that order) in the
>   # current path:
>   #
>   #   X11   (usually a symlink to the current release)
>   #   X11R6
>   #   X11R5
>   #
>   # If the variable X11_PATH is set (to specify unusual locations of
>   # X11), no other directory is searched.  More than one directory
>   # must be separated with spaces.  Example:
>   #
>   #   make X11_PATH="/usr/openwin /usr/local/X11R6"

No.
What you said is how to detect correct X11_PATH on "Building",
but what I want to say is it fails on "Executing".

According to NetBSD ELF FAQ,
the real solution is to modify the Makefile to using the linker (ld)
with -R as follows.  (man cc and man ld)
% cc -o ftview -L${X11_PATH} -Wl,-R${X11_PATH} -lX11 ....

But I don't know how to fix with GNU libtool.
(use --rpath?)

---- YAMANO-UCHI Hidetoshi