[Devel] Re: Please resume the build for lilypond-1.4.2 for alpha

From: Christopher C. Chimelis
Subject: [Devel] Re: Please resume the build for lilypond-1.4.2 for alpha
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:29:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Anthony Fok wrote:

> You might want to report your findings directly to address@hidden
> as I am quite ignorant of the inner workings of FreeType.  :-)
>
> On the other hand, I think "ttfbanner" is in FreeType 1.3.1, not in FreeType
> 2.0.x,
> and IIRC, FreeType 1.3.1 functions have the "TT_" prefix, whereas 2.x uses
> the
> "FT_" prefix.  So, for better or for worse, the bug is in FreeType 1.3.1
> and not in FreeType 2.x.  I don't know if anyone is still maintaining the
> FreeType 1.4 branch, but I suppose it is good to know.  :-)

Ah, ok.  I'll try to patch ttfbanner to use FreeType 2.x and try
that.  They claim that everything has been dealt with, so I guess we'll
find out...

Thanks for the info!

> Hehe, yes, I have been rather computerless last week, but I got more chance
> to be on-line these few days with this Toshiba laptop running Windows 98.
> However, I don't have Debian set up yet.  Maybe I'll give it a try.  I just
> discovered
> that the CD-ROM can read the Debian sid CDs that I burnt before leaving
> Canada.  :-)

Hehehehe...where are you and how long are you back there for again?  I'm
trying to think if I know of anyone around there with extra equipment.