[Devel] CFF-rendering

From: Wolfgang Domröse
Subject: [Devel] CFF-rendering
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:09:02 GMT

The following problem occurs with CFF-Fonts which are embedded in PDF-Files. I
append one (I have isolated from PDF).

On my 16-bit-platform rendering MONOCHROME brings no problems!

When rendered SMOOTH, some glyphs are NOT OK!

I gave one to werner lemberg. He mailed, that even on his platform, these fonts
are not ok!

Have a look at this "A":

00 00 00 00 f9 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 f9 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 fa ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 fa 78 ce ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 fb 2e ff ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 fb 2a ff ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 fc 01 de ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 5c 25 cf ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 04 00 ee ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 11 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 27 00 af ef ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 fe ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 fe ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
00 00 00 ff 01 00 00 d7 ff ff ff ff

If you test this font - please notice the encoding:

   $00 .notdef            $01 space              $02 period             $03
zero
   $04 three              $05 A                  $06 R                  $07 a

   $08 b                  $09 c                  $0a d                  $0b e

   $0c o                  $0d r                  $0e t                  $0f
registered

Has anybody a good idea?

 Wolfgang Domroese