RE: [Devel] bitmap storage

From: Feinberg, Matthew
Subject: RE: [Devel] bitmap storage
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:33:53 -0400

Actually, you shouldn't need to modify the engine.  There are a couple
of options:

-  Make a bigger bitmap than you need, so it aligns to 4 bytes, but when
you call BitBlt(), don't copy the whole bitmap, leave off the extra
pixels.

-  Allocate memory for a bitmap directly using GlobalAlloc() or malloc()
or whatever, have FreeType draw into that memory, then copy it into the
windows bitmap yourself using memcpy() once for each row.

-  I don't remember off the top of my head, but FreeType may allow you
to specify per-row padding in a bitmap for alignment purposes.

--Matthew