[Devel] bug? Rendering glyphs twice

From: Gustavo J A M Carneiro
Subject: [Devel] bug? Rendering glyphs twice
Date: 18 Aug 2001 12:02:53 +0100

        I'm not sure, but this could be a bug in freetype. My program renders a
text using freetype this way:
        1- A list o outline glyphs is obtained with their rendering positions.
This list of glyphs and positions forms a text line;
        2- The rendering position of text line is adjusted to achieve
alignment;
        3- Finally, the list of glyphs is rendered to a pixel buffer. The
original outline glyphs are preserved, because I convert them to bitmaps
with:
  error = FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap(&glyph, ft_render_mode_normal, NULL, 0);

        I keep the outline glyphs around and later, when I need to render the
same text again, I use the same glyphs. Unfortunately, at the second and
subsequent renders the glyphs are rendered at wrong positions. A
attached two screenshots of the results of first and second rendering.

        This seems like a bug in freetype (btw, I using freetype 2.0.4), but it
seems like a common programming error I'd appreciate a hint on what I
may be doing wrong. Thanks.

--
Gustavo João Alves Marques Carneiro <address@hidden>