[Devel] FT Jam in Debian

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: [Devel] FT Jam in Debian
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 00:56:04 +0200

Hi,

As packager of Jam/MR for Debian I was recently pointed to FT Jam.  I
just uploaded a package of FT Jam into the Debian archive.

I attach a handful of small patches which I've applied and find
useful.  One is a fix for a doc typo, the rest makes it conform to
current practice on UNIX-like systems (permissions).

I've noticed that you have patched the Jamfile to call ./yyacc.  This
is indeed something I had done myself to allow building, but I'm not
sure it is a good thing - especially I'm not sure it is portable among
all archs supported by Jam.

I guess that extending Jam to allow to launch generated executable in
a portable way would be nice, but how to do this remains to be defined.

Thanks for your work,
--
Yann Dirson    <address@hidden> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
Debian-related: <address@hidden> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: