[Devel] Server migration status: DANGEROUS HAZARD !!

From: David Turner
Subject: [Devel] Server migration status: DANGEROUS HAZARD !!
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 12:20:41 +0200

Hello,

  SHIT HAPPENS !! While I were about to complete the server migration,
  a particularly nasty ReiserFS bug hit the new server and caused a
  complete stall yesterday..

  It's hard to know the cause of the problem (faulty hard-drive or
  ReiserFS bug), but the new machine is still currently running until
  we copy all sites and services on it to a new hard drive (this takes
  time since it seems that some backups have been corrupted too address@hidden)

  so, please don't use the CVS or mailing list until you receive a
  confirmation message from me. I'm really sorry, but expect some
  server and mailing list problems in the next hours, or even days..

  By the way, if anyone knows about a _reliable_ way to recover from
  a bad ReiserFs partition, we _are_ interested !!

Regards,

- David