Re: [Devel] Memory leak in FT2 (before new pshinter commit)

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Memory leak in FT2 (before new pshinter commit)
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:09:27 -0400 (EDT)

Yep, that was it -- there were problems with parsing synthetic fonts.  There was
already code in place to make sure that the FontMatrix and CharStrings didn't
get read twice, but there was no test on whether the FontName or Subrs array was
already.  So what was happening is that these objects were allocated twice, but
the first object was never deallocated.

I am in the middle of chatting with a fellow from California about fixing some
bugs in dvips, so it will be a while before the commit happens.

Tom