Re: [Devel] Debugging Memory Manager added to FreeType sources

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Debugging Memory Manager added to FreeType sources
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:53:19 +0200

Hi Tom,

Tom Kacvinsky a écrit :

> Looking through the code, I do not see how an environment variable is used to
> turn on on the debugging memory functions.  I do have
>
>    #define FT_DEBUG_MEMORY
>
> in ftoption.h, but this doesn't seem to do the trick.

Humm, you need to do two things:

  - define FT_DEBUG_MEMORY in "ftoption.h"

  - before running your program, define an _environment_ variable
    named "FT_DEBUG_MEMORY", like, on Unix:

       export FT_DEBUG_MEMORY=1

    or, on Windows

       set FT_DEBUG_MEMORY=1

  the FT_DEBUG_MEMORY _macro_ only controls the compilation of the
  memory debugging code, but it is only used when the _environment_
  variable is defined at run-time..

  Maybe re-naming the FT_DEBUG_MEMORY macro to FT_CONFIG_OPTION_DEBUG_MEMORY
  will make things clearer :-)

Regards,

- David