Re: [Devel] PCF driver memory leak??

From: Francesco Zappa Nardelli
Subject: Re: [Devel] PCF driver memory leak??
Date: 14 Jan 2002 18:41:49 +0100

Hello.

Happy to hear that somebody uses the pcf driver.

NM> The bitmap created by the driver (line 198):

NM>     ALLOC(bitmap->buffer, bytes);

NM> never gets freed when I call FT_Done_Glyph..

Line 198 allocates the bitmap buffer of the glyph slot of the face
object.  Can somebody of FreeType's gurus tell me where and when this
buffer should be freed?

By the way, I mimicked what the winfonts driver does, so probably the
problem is duplicated there.

NM> The bitmap has the "ft_glyph_own_bitmap" property set so I guess
NM> that the driver must take care of the bitmap .. ??

AFAIK, it should.

Regards,
-francesco