[Devel] MicroType and Asian Compression for TrueType

From: Martin Granell
Subject: [Devel] MicroType and Asian Compression for TrueType
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:58:11 +1100

Do you know if it possible to add support for the decompression of these
compressed formats of TrueType fonts? Both are patented by MonoType.

I get the feeling that the Asian Compression is just a variant (or the
same) as the MicroType compression, but I could be totally off target.

Alternatively, would it be possible to licence the decompression source
from MonoType and create a module that acts as a front-end to the
truetype interpreter?
Any thoughts would be welcome.

Yours,

Martin Granell