Re: [Devel] Font - stroke color

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Devel] Font - stroke color
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 18:49:23 -0500

At 12:21 AM 1/21/2002 +0100, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
i'm one of the authors of KSVG, the KDE SVG Implementation.

        Keep up the good work!!

We use FreeType2 to render fonts.

        Good ;).

I'm wondering if it's possible
to define "outline" aka "stroke" colors for a FreeType font
and not just fill colors.

        Sure, since you are doing it all yourself ;).

What you need to do is ask FT for the outlines of the glyph instead of the rendering of the glyph, and then pass them through your own "path handler" to render the paths/outlines however you see fit.

We do this in ImageMagick in our SVG renderer (as well as our general text annotation stuff) - so feel free to look there to see how it's done.

Leonard