Re: [Devel] pcfread.c accelerator and size patch

From: Francesco Zappa Nardelli
Subject: Re: [Devel] pcfread.c accelerator and size patch
Date: 08 Feb 2002 20:06:11 +0100

Hello.

Thanks for clarification.  I still have a question.  Keith asked for:

KP> Certainly the face->available_sizes values should be in pixels; I
KP> suggest using ascent + descent for both width and height; the
KP> current semantics for FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes makes using asymetric
KP> values impractical.

If we set

    root->available_sizes->height =
          face->accel.fontAscent + face->accel.fontDescent;
    root->available_sizes->width  = root->available_sizes->height;

as suggested, we obtain

font            available_size

(75 dpi)
lubI08.pcf      9