Re: [Devel] Freetype with microwindows/nano-X

From: Wong ShingYuen
Subject: Re: [Devel] Freetype with microwindows/nano-X
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:21:17 +0800

Hi

I am also interested in TrueTypefont on microwin, specially chinese TTfont, but my target is Arm. In my experience, the microwin can be config and modified to displaying chinese TTf on my desktop linux, but when I compiled the same source code for Arm and running on Arm, I have meet the similar error "Segmentation fault". Therefore, I think the TTfont work in your host computer doesn't mean that it could be run on PowerPC.

I suggested that you post your question in http://www.linuxhacker.org/nanogui/, the maillist of microwin.

Moreover, there are some test program in $FREETYPE/test, I suggested that u use those test program to test whethere the freetype lib is work on both your host computer and PowerPC. If it is work on PowerPC, then try debug microwin.(I am also debuging microwin-0.89pre8 for displaying Chinese TTfont).

Cheer,
Gary