[Devel] "/w" entry from an OpenType Font File

From: Sunil Prabhakar
Subject: [Devel] "/w" entry from an OpenType Font File
Date: 17 Apr 2002 05:55:03 -0000

Hello freetype,

Somebody  Heeeeeelp !!!!

This a query relating to font descriptor entries in Acrobat PDF File.

The "/W"( in CIDFont dictionary ) entry is really giving me lots of trouble. This happens especially when it is mising in a PDF containing Japanese Characters. There seems to be overlaping or extra spacing between
characters. So I realise that I cannot do without that entry.

Can you please put me on to someone who will help me in
getting "/W" entry from the OpenType file? The "hmtx" table description is poorly documented (at Adobe Site ), hence I cannot make any sense out of it. Getting it from the CFF table in the OpenType font seems to be an overwhelmingly difficult task. ( as it requires me to go into individual glyph description and obtain
its width and so on).

Waiting desparately for some help !!!

Please reply,
Good Day,