[Devel] FreeType support for Unicode values above U+FFFF in TrueType fon

From: Graham Asher
Subject: [Devel] FreeType support for Unicode values above U+FFFF in TrueType fonts
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:28:50 +0100

I remember that the question of TrueType support, and hence FreeType
support, for Unicode values above U+FFFF - thus with more than 16 bits -
came up a while ago, but I can't remember whether FreeType supports fonts
with the modified cmap tables this requires.

Naturally support for Unicode values above U+FFFF does not require support
inside TrueType for 32-bit glyph indices; that is a separate issue.

Can somebody enlighten my ignorance and compensate for my bad memory?

Thanks,

Graham Asher