Re: [Devel] 2.1.0 demos

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] 2.1.0 demos
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 04:46:54 +0200 (CEST)

> Ftview, when toggled to use Render_Text, displays garbage characters
> instead of the string *Text defined in ftcommon.i.

This is correct behaviour.  You must select either a latin1 (tag
`lat1') or Unicode (tag `unic') charmap to get something meaningful.
Example:

  ftview -e unic 50 <font>

BTW, get_glyph_index() was called twice in ftview.c.  This is fixed
now.

> In the case of ftstring, it is OK with ttf and otf fonts, but
> displays nothing with type1 fonts.  I've not yet gdbed this one,
> though.

Fixed.  Both ftstring and ftmulti have a new option -e to select an
encoding.  ftstring uses Unicode as the default map, ftmulti uses
none as the default.

Thanks for the report.