[Devel] Re: OpenType, etc.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Devel] Re: OpenType, etc.
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 11:06:42 +0200 (CEST)

[about the GX font SkiaRegular.ttf]

> TT GX fonts can be like MM's, but instead of extremas, they work
> with delta's from *one* master, which is stored as a regular glyf
> table. Those delta's should be in the same file, but I'm not
> familiar enough with the format to even tell you which table it
> is...

Aah, this probably explains the following problem with `ttdump -i -s
SkiaRegular.ttf':

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ttdump", line 107, in ?
    splitTables=splitTables, disassembleInstructions=disassembleInstructions)
  File "fontTools/ttLib/__init__.py", line 225, in saveXML
    table.toXML(writer, self, progress)
  File "fontTools/ttLib/tables/_g_l_y_f.py", line 95, in toXML
    glyph.toXML(writer, ttFont)
  File "fontTools/ttLib/tables/_g_l_y_f.py", line 272, in toXML
    self.program.toXML(writer, ttFont)
  File "fontTools/ttLib/tables/ttProgram.py", line 224, in toXML
    assembly = self.getAssembly()
  File "fontTools/ttLib/tables/ttProgram.py", line 219, in getAssembly
    self._disassemble()
  File "fontTools/ttLib/tables/ttProgram.py", line 352, in _disassemble
    raise tt_instructions_error, "illegal opcode: 0x%.2x" % op
TT instructions error: illegal opcode: 0x91

This feature is not supported (currently) neither by FT1 or FT2, sorry.

Anyone volunteering in implementing this?