Re: [Devel] Benchmarking FreeType

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Devel] Benchmarking FreeType
Date: 07 Jun 2002 18:25:11 +0200

On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 09:39, David Turner wrote:
> I'd also like to include "ftbench.c" as part of the "ft2demos" package,
> however, it will need a few small cleanups since its source code probably
> only compiles with GCC due to statements like:
>
>    {
>      int   array1[ face->num_glyphs ];   // dynamic stack allocation !!
>      int   array2[ face->num_glyphs ];

>    }
>
> Could you polish it a bit before we include it ??

Done, still available here : http://zerodeux.net/ft/

- the stack allocation code has been replaced by a good old calloc().
Anyway I was fetching the whole charmap at every bench(), yek. This kind
of code works well with gcc or MSVC, but it's effectively a C extension
(non-POSIX).

- the 'bench time' constant is available from the command line

- the tests can be selected from the command line

- added the legal ft2demo blurb. I'm hereby giving this code and its
copyright to the FreeType project, if it has to be said clearly.