Re: [Devel] Fix for bdf|pcf|pfr|type1|fnt default cmap problem

From: Anthony Fok
Subject: Re: [Devel] Fix for bdf|pcf|pfr|type1|fnt default cmap problem
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 01:48:38 +0800

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 10:17:56AM +0200, Detlef W?rkner wrote:
> address@hidden (Anthony Fok) wrote:
>
> > I wonder if it is related to the same changes in FreeType 2.1.1: After
> > upgrading FreeType 2.1.1, Nautilus is no longer able to display
> > anti-aliased fonts under the icons.  It appears that librsvg1
> > (SAX-based renderer library for SVG files) is responsible for calling
> > FreeType to render the fonts; it works with TrueType fonts, but not
> > with Type 1 fonts: [...]
>
> Maybe there is no call to FT_Select_Charmap() or FT_Set_Charmap(), and
> FT_CONFIG_OPTION_USE_CMAPS is defined. In this case the current drivers
> for bdf, pcf, pfr, type1 and fnt dont set the default charmap. The fix:

Yes, this does fix the problem indeed.  :-)
librsvg (and Nautilus) can now properly display the anti-aliased fonts.
I've just uploaded a new set of Debian FreeType 2 (libfreetype6) packages
(2.1.1-3).  Many thanks for your help, Detlef!  :-)

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling
ThizLinux Laboratory   <address@hidden> http://www.thizlinux.com/