[Devel] Comments are not skipped properly in Type 1 fonts

From: Graham Asher
Subject: [Devel] Comments are not skipped properly in Type 1 fonts
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:33:49 +0100

While FreeType examines the bytes at the start of a Type 1 font and checks
that they are either "%!PS-AdobeFont-1" or "%!FontType", it fails to skip
the leading comments, but starts scanning for PostScript keywords at byte 0.
This will cause problems if comments contain PostScript keywords. While this
is unlikely to happen, it could be prevented quite simply.

This defect can be verified by putting a breakpoint on the first call to
parse_dict in T1_Open_Face.

I shall propose a fix if I have time, or if David (as happened last time)
points out that he has already fixed the problem; or if (as happens quite
often) I have misread the code - please tell me if I have.

Graham Asher