RE: [Devel] CFF fonts assume Type 2 charstrings

From: George Williams
Subject: RE: [Devel] CFF fonts assume Type 2 charstrings
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 09:57:43 -0700

At 09:51 AM 8/9/2002 +0100, you wrote:
Now this is very interesting. I suspected that might be the case. This means
that the Types 1 and 2 charstring parsers could be merged and put into the
common PostScript-font module (psaux?). A call to the parser could select
type 1 or 2 by means of a new argument. That would save code and make my
life easier.
This is what PfaEdit does.

Essentially the parser handles the codes from both type1s and type2s. You need to do a little extra set up (the subroutine table needs to include its base offset (which is 0 for type1s and approximately cnt/2 for type2s).

The places where I actually check the type1/2 flag are:
   * numbers starting with 255
   * Needed a special check for paths containing single points when doing a
        closepath
   * Special check in the first *moveto for the width argument.