[Devel] sense of angle for text: freetype 2.1.2 vs 2.1.1

From: Petr Mikulik
Subject: [Devel] sense of angle for text: freetype 2.1.2 vs 2.1.1
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:27:34 +0100 (CET)

Dear Freetype developers,

I think I've observed a bug in the latest freetype 2.1.2. It seems that the
sense of the angle of rotation under which a text is typeset, has been
reversed in the indicated freetype version.

I have observed it when compiling the latest gnuplot cvs version (from
sourceforge) with its new gd driver: there, PNG output can use truetype
fonts. Gnuplot's demo file 'textrotate.dem' is OK for freetype <=2.1.1,
while when compiled with freetype 2.1.2, the sense of rotation of text is
reversed.

Compile platform: WinNT 4.0, Cygwin; gnuplot compiled for X11, ie bug the
'./prepare; ./configure; make'. Confirmed also on Linux.

Thanks for fixing the bug.

***  Petr Mikulik, address@hidden
***     Institute of Condensed Matter Physics
***     Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
***  http://www.sci.muni.cz/~mikulik/