[Devel] mailman broken

From: Vladimir Volovich
Subject: [Devel] mailman broken
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:01:22 +0300

Hi!

it looks like mailman on freetype.org is broken - it's impossible to
subscribe: i get the error shown below. there are obviously some file
permission errors. i tried to change my email subscription from
address@hidden to address@hidden on devel and freetype lists; i
unsubscribed without problems from old email, but was unable to
subscribe with new email.

the below message says that the traceback is forwarded to list admin;
and i also forwarded it manually to address@hidden
several days ago, but obviously admin DOES NOT READ THESE EMAILS.

Could you please fix these problems?

Thanks,
v.

***** subscribe

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/freetype/mailman/Mailman/MailCommandHandler.py", line 223, in
ParseMailCommands
    self.__dispatch[cmd](args, line, msg)
  File "/home/freetype/mailman/Mailman/MailCommandHandler.py", line 568, in
ProcessSubscribeCmd
    self.AddMember(subscribe_address, password, digest, remote)
  File "/home/freetype/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 967, in AddMember
    cookie = Pending().new(name, password, digest)
  File "/home/freetype/mailman/Mailman/Pending.py", line 74, in new
    self.__save(db)
  File "/home/freetype/mailman/Mailman/Pending.py", line 111, in __save
    fp = open(self.db_path, "w")
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/home/freetype/mailman/data/pending_subscriptions.db'