[Devel] fontconfig, type1

From: Frnk
Subject: [Devel] fontconfig, type1
Date: 29 Dec 2002 13:22:05 +0100

Hi,

I'm new to this list and haven't checked extensively if this subject has
been discussed before, please excuse me if it has.

As far as I understand, fontconfig uses freetype to obtain information
about fonts.  However, for type1 fonts (and possibly others), this
information is scattered around different files.  Are there any plans to
make it easy for an application (e.g. Pango) to know which files to
"attach", when opening a font?

I guess that, to make this possible, freetype should be able to open not
only the font itself, but also the "meta"-files?  (this would allow
fontconfig to group the font with e.g. the kerning info)

Regards,

Frank van Lankvelt

--
Frnk <address@hidden>