Re: [Devel] Bug in documentation - FT_Size_Metrics

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Bug in documentation - FT_Size_Metrics
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 00:44:16 +0100

Hello Jan,

Jan Slupski wrote:

Hi,

At 'freetype2/reference/ft2-base_interface.html#FT_SizeRec'
'FT_Size_Metrics' structure isn't linked to it's definition - more there is no definition of 'FT_Size_Metrics' in the docs.

I guess it's because of wrong header at line 1106 of include/freetype/freetype.h.

It is:

 /*************************************************************************/
 /*                                                                       */
 /*                    FreeType base size metrics                         */
 /*                                                                       */
 /* <Struct>                                                              */
 /*    FT_Size_Metrics                                                    */
 /*                                                                       */
 /* <Description>                                                         */
 /*    The size metrics structure returned scaled important distances for */
 /*    a given size object.                                               */
 /*                                                                       */
 /* <Fields>                                                              */
 /*    x_ppem       :: The character width, expressed in integer pixels.  */
 /*                    This is the width of the EM square expressed in    */
 /*                    pixels, hence the term `ppem' (pixels per EM).     */
(...)

My guess (I didn't try to understand documentation-generator - sorry)
is that "FreeType base size metrics" string above avoids recognision
of the structure description by the generator script.
the new version of "docmaker" doesn't accept comment blocks that don't immediately start with a <marker> (the old version ignored the "FreeType base size metrics" text), hence the problem. I have fixed this in the
CVS. This should be visible in the API reference in the next release.

Another question:
In the same structure description says:

 /*    descender    :: The descender, expressed in 26.6 fixed point       */
 /*                    pixels.  Always positive.                          */

Is it true? Isn't it "Always negative" ?
yes, this is now fixed..

Thanks,

- David Turner