Re: [Devel] open file.ttf on macos 9

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] open file.ttf on macos 9
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:10:02 +0100

Hi,

Riccardo Cohen wrote:
Thanks for replying.
Do you think that the control flow is normal ? I mean FT_New_Face / FT_Open_Face / testing flags and drivers / loop on registred drivers ?

If yes, then I must have a problem with "registred drivers" in

      FT_Module*  cur   = library->modules;
      FT_Module*  limit = cur + library->num_modules;

      for ( ; cur < limit; cur++ )
      {

because my "limit" variable is equal to cur, which means probably that library->num_modules =0.
Do you have any idea of why I have no module in the library ?

Yes, it seems that your library->num_modules is 0. This variable is
updated each time a new module is added to the library. This usually
happens when calling:

  - FT_Add_Module, which is rarely called by applications

  - FT_Init_FreeType, which calls FT_Add_Default_Modules which
    calls FT_Add_Module for each one of the modules listed in
    FT_CONFIG_MODULES_H (a.k.a. <freetype/config/ftmodule.h> in
    most builds of the library)

    for more details, see src/base/ftinit.c

what is the content of your ftmodule.h file ??

Cheers,

- David Turner

David Turner wrote:

Hello Riccardo,

I'm reading lots of e-mail from oldest to newest, sorry if there already was an answer to your question.

Riccardo Cohen wrote:

Hi,
I just downloaded freetype 2.1.3, and compiled it on macos 9 with codewarrior. As my code warrior is old (cw10) I had to remove subdirectories in #include <freetype/etc...h>, and also comment the function FT_GetFile_From_Mac_Name in ftmac.h (I dont have Font Manager library).
But compilation went all right.

When I try to open a file like a MSWindows "arial.ttf" or other *.ttf , here is what's happening.

- in ftmac.c, FT_New_Face tries to open the font with FT_Open_Face()
- in ftobjs.c, FT_Open_Face tests drivers

    if ( ( args->flags & FT_OPEN_DRIVER ) && args->driver )

- this fails of course because FT_New_Face set args with args.flags=FT_OPEN_PATHNAME - then begins the loop on registred drivers "for ( ; cur < limit; cur++ )" - As cur=limit=189360284 (I did a printf), the loop never enters and function exists with fail error=2

I dont understand why in FT_Open_Face there is no attempt to use args.pathname given ?

Thanks for any information

Because this is in "ft_input_stream_new()" which is called by FT_Open_Face before anything else.

Hope this helps,

- David Turner