Re: [Devel] new fixes

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] new fixes
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:30:51 +0100

Salut Gwenole,

Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
Hi David,

If everything works well, I believe that we've got a good candidate
for 2.1.4

What about: <http://www.freetype.org/pipermail/devel/2003-March/008974.html> ?

This is a regression wrt. freetype 2.1.3rc2, as far as I can see.

Ahah, forgot about that one (and a few others it seems :-)

I've commited some fixes to the CVS this morning. Could you please
test them ?

For FreeType hackers, the FT_GLYPH_OWN_BITMAP shouldn't be managed
manually anymore, I have introduced three new functions in
FT_INTERNAL_OBJECTS_H whose name are:

  ft_glyphslot_free_bitmap
  ft_glyphslot_alloc_bitmap
  ft_glyphslot_set_bitmap

and the font drivers have been modified to use them adequately. Simple
tests tends to show that this fixed any memory leaks/double frees but
more general uses like with OpenOffice would be appreciated..

I'll now try to fix the rest of the resilient bugs..

Regards,

- David Turner