[Devel] Mac OS X library compat problem

From: Dan Williams
Subject: [Devel] Mac OS X library compat problem
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:33:50 -0500

Hi,

Like an earlier post, I just tried configuring HEAD from 20 minutes ago and building it. This all works fine for the moment, but when it gets to the link stage, these are the flags that it links with:

-lz -lc -install_name /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib -compatibility_version 10 -current_version 10.3

Now here, the -compatibility_version 10 -current_version 10.3 is completely wrong. These should be 6.2.2 and 6.3.3 if I am not mistaken. The version is based on whatever version you want it to be, but this looks like its basing it on system version. The problem is with (oh, it can't be :) libtool. Things have progressed since the days when the Darwin ld sucked rocks (though in some ways it still does), and now it can accept good strings here.

Patch forthcoming.

Dan