Re: [Devel] [bug?] FT_Vector_Rotate

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] [bug?] FT_Vector_Rotate
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 13:13:58 +0200

Hi Werner,

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
The bug is in the documentation. FT_Vector_Rotate takes coordinates
in 16.16 format, not 26.6.  The vector you used was so small that
the result was swamped by rounding errors.

The documentation of both FT_Vector_Rotate and FT_Pos need to be
changed.

Indeed.  The very problem is that the FT_Vector structure is used
differently in fttrigon.c (taking the fields as 16.16), compared to
the rest of FreeType (taking the fields as 26.6).

I believe that we have to introduce a new structure, say,
FT_Fixed_Vector, to make this clear.  David?

Fortunately, there is no need for such atrocity :-)

- David Turner

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please
delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.
The E-Mail transmission can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
CANAL+TECHNOLOGIES will not therefore be liable for the message if modified.