[Devel] new fixes

From: David Chester
Subject: [Devel] new fixes
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 19:30:45 +0200

Hello,

On Monday 19 May 2003 11:38 pm, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > Would the following be possible for 2.1.4?  Without this patch, the
> > bluescale code isn't really doing very much.
>
> Sorry for the late reply; I've applied your patch now.

This was already fixed by David T. in a different (and more efficient) way
than what I proposed, by passing the scaled x_scale and y_scale values as new
parameters to ah_outline_load.

The changelog entry dated March 20, 2003 reads:

   * src/autohint/ahglyph.h, src/autohint/ahglyph.c, src/autohint/ahglobal.c,
    src/autohint/ahhint.c: fixed blue-scale problem,

and the corresponding mailing list posting can be found at:

http://www.freetype.org/pipermail/devel/2003-March/009006.html

So, it seems that the just-applied patch should be reverted.  However, while I
have your attention, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the patch
that uses the blue-scale idea in the postscript hinter submitted here (of
course, the beginning of the email should be disregarded, but the ps hinter
blue-scale implementation is mentioned at the end of the email, and the patch
is attached):

http://www.freetype.org/pipermail/devel/2003-February/008896.html

Thanks very much,
David Chester