Re: [Devel] anybody working for TrueTypeGX / other Macintosh bitmap font

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] anybody working for TrueTypeGX / other Macintosh bitmap font support?
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:20:05 +0200 (CEST)

> OK, so I will refer otlayout sources. There's any documentation of
> the design of otlayout API?

Of course not :-) Please check Freetype 1 and read the document file
`apirefx.txt' for a start.  Pango's interface is rather similar
(though not identical), and I believe that a future API for FreeType 2
will not be very different also.  FT1's program to test OT features is
ftstrtto.c.

> By the way, FreeType projects has any decided direction about how
> to access resource fork of HFS?

Uh, oh, I've no idea how such things work on the Mac.  Can somebody
else answer?

> if there's thin portable library to access resource fork, FreeType
> can utilize it?

This sounds interesting, but I don't know whether such a thing exists
and whether it will actually work with FreeType.