[Devel] Patch catalog for OpenType code

From: Owen Taylor
Subject: [Devel] Patch catalog for OpenType code
Date: 26 Jul 2003 20:01:00 -0400

I've now finished an initial patch at cataloging all the various changes
to the different branches. The result can be found at:

 http://people.redhat.com/otaylor/opentype-patches/

The red letters indicate that the particular patch needs attention for
that codebase.

The 5 patches under "Patches from Qt" that are marked with '?'
characters are places where I felt that I needed more information about
the changes. Lars's comments would be particularly valuable here, but
I'd be interested in input from Werner as well (especially about
'qt-double-subscript')

It should be noted that the 'qt-' patches are rather approximate, since
instead of deriving them from CVS history as I did for the others, I
took the opentype/ directory from qt-3.2.0, munged it a bit, diffed that
against pango-1.0.5, and then split the result apart by hand.

And in the opposite direction the Pango codebase shares a lot of
systematic changes with the Qt code that is derived from it
as compared to the original freetype code.

So, where there is a Pango version of a freetype- or qt- patch, it's
likely to be easier to apply to Qt or FreeType than the original patch.

Regards,
                                        Owen