[Devel] Re: Problem with freetype rendering of an Indic opentype font

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: [Devel] Re: Problem with freetype rendering of an Indic opentype font
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:07:30 -0700

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I don't have time to investigate but it seems to me that some
contextual shaping is happening.  If this is true it is not a problem
of FreeType 2 (which doesn't support OpenType directly for the moment)
but rather a problem one level higher where Indic scripts are handled,
probably within the Pango library.  Owen?

Here's what the qt guys had to say about this:

I did some tests, and it seem the problem is buried somewhere in the
open type code used by both gtk and Qt.

I've personally verified that "0xcb7 0xccd" is not reordered by the shaping engines.

        -Arun