Re: [Devel] How about firefly's patch?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] How about firefly's patch?
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 10:49:37 +0200 (CEST)

> > As 2.1.5 has been released, firefly and akito have updated their
> > corresponding patches for freetype, which can be found separately:
> >
> > http://firefly.idv.tw/setfont-xft/patches/freetype/
> > http://www.kde.gr.jp/~akito/patch/freetype2/2.1.5/
>
> Thanks a lot for this information, as well as to the patches'
> respective authors.  There has been an important number of critical
> patches to the auto-hinter lately, and I'd like to integrate them
> all.  However:
>
>   - i currently lack the time to properly test all of them. Maybe
>     someone could help us here ?

My suggestion is that Firefly and Akito work together to unify their
patches.  Another interesting set of patches have been contributed by
Raino:

  http://www.hut.fi/u/reiska/freetype/autohint.patch

I invite him also to participate in a unification of the patches.

Firefly, Akito, Raino, what do you think?  Is this feasible?