Re: [Devel] Problem with unicode cmap in mingliu.ttc(PMingLiU)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Problem with unicode cmap in mingliu.ttc(PMingLiU)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:53:33 +0200 (CEST)

>   I was running valgrind on pfaedit and noticed that I was indexing
> an array out of bounds when loading mingliu.ttc, subfont PMingLiU. I
> believe this to be a bug in the font, but on the off chance that
> it's a problem in my code (an off by two error) I was wondering if
> anyone else had noticed this.

Which version of mingliu.ttc?  I have version 2.10 (from 1997).

> I believe that segment 104 (which is supposed to encode glyphs into
> the range 0xffe0 and 0xffe5, walks off the end of the glyph array
> when it gets to encoding 0xffe4.

Hmm, using FreeType's FT_VALIDATE_PARANOID I see 1825 segments in the
Unicode cmap; the ranges you are talking about are segmented like
this:

  1821: 0xFFE0-0xFFE1
  1822: 0xFFE3-0xFFE3
  1823: 0xFFE5-0xFFE5
  1824: 0xFFFF-0xFFFF

This is correct, I think.  Apparently you have a different (older?)
version of mingliu.ttc.