[Devel] spam filter

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Devel] spam filter
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 15:47:48 +0100 (CET)

Dear friends,

my quick solution to remove spam directly (without using the bad
mailman web interface) is to apply the script below to the mails
(based on the spam I've actually seen).  I publish this to let you
know which keywords/patterns are a no-no in posting stuff to the
FreeType lists.

Comments?  Perhaps it is a bit harsh to disallow the words `business'
or `secret' in the subject line, but actually I've *never* seen a real
posting to the FreeType lists which had used those two words.

    Werner

PS: David, I would be *glad* if something better could be installed
    on freetype.org...

rm -vf `grep -E -i -l -e 'filename.*=.*\.(com|exe|bat|pif|scr)' \
                      -e 'this is the postfix program' \
                      -e 'subject:[ ]*hi[ ]*$' \
                      -e 'earthlink abuse department' \
                      -e 'symantec email proxy deleted' \
                      -e 'was infected with' \
                      -e 'to:[ ]*3dfreetype' \
                      -e 'subject:.*(sex|wealth|penis|business|secret)' \
*`