Re: [Devel] Telling font types from an FT_Face?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Telling font types from an FT_Face?
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 11:30:27 +0100 (CET)

> I have also posted a font which I believe conforms to the description I
> was given of the otb format to:
>       http://pfaedit.sf.net/hidden/Ambrosia.otb
> (I put a broken one up about 3 hours ago, but the one which is there now
> should be working).

Thanks for the sample.  Very nice!

Are you sure about the `OTTO' tag?  I no longer can remember the
details of the sbit-only font format proposed by Juliusz, but
according to the OT specs only fonts with a `CFF ' table are tagged as
`OTTO'.  Or was this the very reason to use `OTTO'?

Currently, FreeType rejects OTB fonts.  To fix it I need the OTB
specication.  Is it available somewhere?