[Devel] FTC_Manager_LookupSize()

From: Detlef Würkner
Subject: [Devel] FTC_Manager_LookupSize()
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:02:43 +0100

Hello!

Just finished adapting my application to the new cache functions and found
a problem. I'm using the image (not sbit) cache and wondered why sometimes
I got a wrong size. Found in the documentation
(include/freetype/ftcache.h):

  /*    The @FT_Face object doesn't necessarily have a current size object */
  /*    (i.e., face->size can be 0).  If you need a specific `font size',  */
  /*    use @FTC_Manager_Lookup_Size instead.                              */

so I added a call of this function, however this didnt fix the problem.
Looked at the sources and found that the function does only activate the
size object when it creates a new one, but not when it finds a cached
size object, in this case it is necessary to call FT_Activate_Size()
with the returned size pointer as argument.

Please do either update the docs ("call @FTC_Manager_Lookup_Size and
@FT_Activate_Size") and check if the demos (ftview etc) have to be fixed
or fix FTC_Manager_Lookup_Size() to call FT_Activate_Size() itself.

Ciao, Detlef
--
_ // address@hidden
\X/  Detlef Wuerkner, Langgoens/Germany